Monday, June 7, 2010

White Weddings & White Legs

Saturday we had a wedding to go to... the bride's parents have been friends with my husband's family for years. I love going to weddings, because I love having an excuse to get dressed up. For this wedding, I had a few options... I had a blue/green floral chiffon Ann Taylor dress from last year that I could wear with gold sandals, but I wanted to get something new (this is usually the case with me). I first picked up a royal blue Calvin Klein number and found some really "edgy" Nine West silver heels to pair with it. However, at the last minute, on Friday, I felt like the cut of the dress was too boring. So my Mom, Charlotte, and I ran over to the mall. We had to walk through JC Penney's to get to the actual mall, and my Mom suggests to me that I should look there. I've never bought anything from Penney's... well, that's a little lie... I did buy a couple pair of materntiy shorts... but that's it :)

So, anyways, lo and behold they have a TON of dresses.... I grabbed about 5 to try on in 15 minutes, and the last one I tried on was actually really cute! I ended up wearing it.... So, my lesson learned is never to underestimate JC Penney's! Here are a couple pics of the dress.



My 2nd lesson learned is that I need to do something about my hideous pale legs... running... tinted lotion... something!

We have another wedding to go to this Friday night. The couple got married a few weeks ago in Jamaica, and this will be a more casual reception for family & friends now that they're back home. The big question of the week will be do I wear my "new" JC Penney number or do I buy something new??

1 comment:

  1. haha. like the new dress, you look great! as for the legs, you should try some tanning lotion. i'm trying not to get too much sun these days, but you do want a little color!

    ReplyDelete